From eScan Wiki
||· eScan · MailScan · Technologies||· Technical Info · Security Awareness · User Guides|
What is a beta version? German Version Click here
A product's beta is an officially released version of a product which includes most of the product's functionality. The beta version is intended for external testing of the product in order to identify configurations that cause problems, as well as collect requirements and suggestions from users.
Before its official release, a beta version ALWAYS undergoes a full cycle of internal testing, after which the application is sufficiently stable in the majority of computing environments. Please note that a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore the developer does not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Consequently, beta testers use the beta version at their own risk and MicroWorld bears no responsibility for any consequences arising out of the use of the beta version.
Participating in beta testing enables you :
- 1. Be among the first to gain access to the latest versions of MicroWorld’s solutions and share your opinion with us;
- 2. Help to improve the quality of the product being tested;
- 3. Provide your suggestions on possible ways of improving the product;
- 4. Free technical support and,
- 5. Receive free versions of the product, which are awarded to the most active beta testers.
When taking part in the beta testing it is necessary to:
- 1. Download and install the product you are interested in testing;
- 2. Spend a certain amount of time on familiarizing yourself with the product and testing it;
- 3. Prepare and send out bug reports on any errors found;
- 4. Provide suggestions on ways to improve the product being tested; and,
- 5. Report on compatibility issues (specifically related to your configuration).
To report an error, please provide a detailed description of the ways in which it manifests itself on your system, the steps which lead up to the error and characteristics of the hardware used for testing. Send your description to the email address specified below. You can also report problems and get your questions answered in our forum (http://forums.mwti.net). You can also use this procedure to provide your suggestions on improving the product.
- Please send your feedback and suggestions to email@example.com